Christmas is knocking on the door. Why not enjoying a little bit of the German Christmas spirit at the German Christmas bazaar. If you live in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, or you will travel soon to Sofia –The Weihnachtsmarkt is a nice place to relax and drink a glass of glue wine with friends.
Weihnachtsmarkt is a traditional German Christmas Bazaar but nowadays it is very popular in many European countries. Ages ago, opening this market is a symbol of the beginning of the Christmas time and welcoming the Christmas child. Nowadays is more about the Christmas and Santa Claus.
10 reasons to visit the Weihnachtsmarkt in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria
- You can taste delicious Bratwurst and any kind of Wurst
- You can drink glue wine with fruit taste and smell of cinema
- You can bring your kids to a puppet show
- All the kids can meet Santa Claus and tell him their Christmas wishes. Santa Claus is giving gifts! Maybe you will have some
- There are concerts and music
- You can buy handmade Christmas gifts and handmade Christmas cards
- You can have a walk around the wooden houses enjoying the Christmas spirit everywhere and drink hot drinks
- You can taste Chirous
- You can have delicious potatoes and cheese
- You can enjoy the delicious Christmas chocolate
The Weihnachtsmarkt in Sofia is open 11-22 h till 20 of December.
It is not a traditional Bulgarian Bazaar but it has the Christmas charm and the enthusiasm of December celebration.
Enjoy it and if you were inspired to visit the Weihnachtsmarkt in Sofia after reading this article – put your nice photos on the internet with hashtag #travellifestory. This will be the best Christmas gift for me – to see all your happy December moments!
Happy Christmas time!